Friday, June 23, 2006

sans défaut

Looking through the eyes of my mirror
I saw myself that much more clearer
The real perspective now I could see
I was as flawed as flawed can be

In a persuit of glory, happiness and fame
I put on a mask, in order to win every game
I continued to bask, in the glory of all my wins
But inside me grew a evil tree, bearing the fruit of my sins

Those guilt laden eyes those remorseful tears
Those scarred cheeks summed up my worst fears
I was so conned all these days, I just wasn't me
I realised I was so flawed, as flawed as flawed can be

A hand came out of the mirror, my mask it ripped
It shattered all my ego, my wings it clipped
I soon realized that I had missed the real plot
That I'd rather be hated for who i am, than be loved for who i am not

No comments: